Next Meeting: Monday, March 10, 2014
Lunch Noon | Meeting 12:30 p.m. | Omni Hotel
New FSCJ Pres. To Speak Monday
Dr. Cynthia Bioteau
Florida State College at Jacksonville
Dr. Cynthia Bioteau is the newly appointed president of FSCJ. She is already making headlines in her efforts to restructure the college and deal with a number of State and Federal compliance issues raising the specter of heavy financial penalties.
Before coming to Jacksonville Dr. Bioteau served as the president and CEO of Salt Lake Community College in Salt Lake City, Utah from 2005-2014. SLCC, similar in size and complexity to FSCJ, has more than 62,000 students, has 13 campuses and sites.
Prior to becoming president of SLCC, she served as vice president of Academic Affairs at Forsyth Community College in North Carolina, Dean of Developmental Learning at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston; and regional director/associate professor at New Hampshire Community Technical College. She brings more than 35 years of experience in education, mental health, and business and strong leadership as evidenced by her many accomplishments, community-based awards, recognitions, and professional affiliations.
Several of Dr. Bioteau’s accomplishments throughout the last few years include:
- Created SLCC’s Center for Innovation to support faculty and staff development and entrepreneurship throughout the college
- Instituted a college-wide informed budget process linked with college strategic planning process at SLCC
- Led creation of SLCC Veterans’ Center; Named 2012 Top Ten Veterans’ Center by Military Times
- Developed the first associate degree program in Nanotechnology in North Carolina
- Created a central adjunct faculty center, adjunct faculty orientation CD and professional development program to integrate part-time faculty into mainstream of college
- Active and successful fundraiser, both philanthropically and legislatively
WEEK 37: Does your club need a speaker? How about your club President-elect? He or she just completed a weekend at Florida PETS (Presidents-elect Training Seminar), and can share some great information. Give them the opportunity to share the experience that is PETS. Congratulations and thanks to all those PEs, Assistant Governors, Rotaractors, Trainers, Governor-elect Percy, Governor-nominee Fel and Governor-designate Marshall, all of whom helped make it a great PETS weekend.
Next up, District Assembly! March 29th in Palatka. Two simple words for anyone in our District, BE THERE! For those that have District Grants or Global Grants currently or hope to apply soon, three simple words, MUST BE THERE! Club representation must participate in grant management seminars which will be offered at District Assembly. Here’s two more reasons to go, it’s just plain fun and ends with great food.
Club Presidents and Awards Chairs, keep those applications coming in!
Have a Great Week, and thanks for all you do!
Engage Rotary, Change Lives